Fri Aug 13th, 2021
Tags: Basil, BBQ, Easy Pasta Salad Recipe, Family Dinners, Family Picnics, Fresh Mossarella, Healthy Reipes, Homemade, Lisa Smith RDN, Meals, Outdoor, Pasta Salad, Shining Mountain Health and Wellness, Tomatoes
With outdoor meals, family picnics and BBQs at this time, why not bring a delicious dish that is simple to prepare and will impress the group?!
- 16 oz whole wheat rotini
- 10 oz grape or cherry tomatoes
- 8 oz fresh buffalo mozzarella (balls or log)
- 3 oz. fresh baby arugula
- Handful of fresh basil leaves
- ½ to ¾ cup balsamic vinaigrette
- Salt and pepper to taste
- (You can get creative and add things like olives, bell pepper or broccoli!)
Easy Pasta Salad
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Cut tomatoes in half.
- Cut mozzarella into small bite-sized pieces.
- Chop basil into smaller pieces.
- Prepare *homemade balsamic vinaigrette (or use store bought).
- Place all ingredients together (pasta, tomatoes, mozzarella, basil, arugula and dressing) and toss to combine. Salt and pepper to taste.
*Homemade Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup olive oil.
- 3 T balsamic vinegar.
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard.
- 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup.
- 2 cloves garlic, minced.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Pinch of herbs such as basil, oregano or thyme (optional).
Place all ingredients in a mason jar and shake vigorously to combine.
May be stored in refrigerator for up to 10 days, simply take out of fridge, let rest for 10 minutes, shake and serve.
Servings: ~ 12 cups Nutrition per serving: 247 Calories, 8g Fat, 33g Carbohydrates, 4.4g Fiber, 11g Protein
Like it? Share it!