A delightful spring and summer dish using fresh ingredients like cilantro, limes, garlic, parsley and green onion. It will become a family favorite!
Delicious cilantro lime chicken for Street Tacos
- 1 ½ pounds of skinless chicken breasts.
- ½ sweet onion, diced.
- Juice of 2 limes (about ¼ cup).
- ¼ cup olive oil.
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro.
- 2 cloves garlic.
- 1 teaspoon salt.
- ½ teaspoon pepper.
- ½ teaspoon cumin.
- Place chicken breasts in crockpot.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together lime juice, olive oil, garlic, cilantro, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Add onion and stir together.
- Pour mixture over chicken.
- Cook on high for 4 hours (or low for 8 hours).
- Using 2 forks, shred chicken.
- Serve in street taco shells with shredded red cabbage and avocado. Top with your favorite salsa or green chili; add fresh chopped parsley and green onion.
Like it? Share it!