Here is an easy egg idea that can be made with your favorite ingredients and used for any meal or snack. They can be made ahead; children can help and elders will enjoy!
These muffin tin eggs can be made with multiple different ingredients and each one can be individualized for family preferences.
Ideas for serving at meals:
- Breakfast: Pair with whole grain toast and avocado
- Lunch: Serve a side salad with nuts and dressing
- Dinner: Include a hearty soup, baked potato or whole grain like brown rice, wild rice or quinoa
Questions? Contact Lisa at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 970-563-2344.
Muffin Tin Eggs
- 12 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup shredded cheese of choice*
- ½ cup chopped meat of choice*
- 1 cup chopped veggies of choice*
- Try different cheeses: cheddar, pepper jack, swiss, mozzarella, feta.
- Try different meats: sausage, bacon, turkey sausage, ham, chorizo.
- Try different veggies: spinach, mushrooms, onions, green pepper, green chilies.
Nutrition per muffin: Calories 110; Carbs 2g; Protein 9g
These can be stored in the refrigerator for 3 days or frozen for a grab-and-go breakfast!
Top them with hot sauce, salsa or avocados or add different herbs/spices to the mix!
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray muffin tin with cooking oil and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients together (if making different ones, have items in a few separate bowls so people can add their own after the eggs are poured.)
- Pour mixture evenly into 12 muffin cups (with individual cups, pour eggs/milk/salt/pepper mixture, then add ingredients as desired.)
- Bake for 20 minutes. Let sit for 5 minutes before serving.
Like it? Share it!