Do you find yourself wandering around your kitchen looking for something to eat more often now that we are staying at home? Try making these healthy snacks and employ the kids to either help or prepare on their own.
Yogurt Berry Parfait
Layer the following in a clear cup and repeat:
- 2-4 T yogurt: Try plain Greek or Greek vanilla
- 1 T Granola
- 2 T fruit: Try frozen berry mixture, bananas, raisins or any desired fruit
- 1 T nuts and/or seeds: Try pumpkin or sesame seeds, pistachios or walnuts or any desired nut
Layer the following and roll up:
- 1 Whole wheat tortilla
- 1 tsp. mustard, mayo or cream cheese
- 2-4 slices of deli turkey, ham or roast beef (without added nitrates or nitrites) Add a variety of veggies: pepper slices (red/yellow/orange), shredded carrots, spinach, other lettuce, shredded red cabbage, chopped tomatoes, black beans or garbanzo beans
No-bake Energy Bites
No-Bake Energy Bites
Place all ingredients together and mix to combine.
- 1 1/4 cup oats
- 1/2 cup nut butter (peanut or almond)
- 1/4 -1/3 cup honey or maple syrup
- 2 T ground flaxseed (optional)
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 cup mix-ins (chocolate chips, peanuts, raisins, coconut. Be creative, use one or combination, add your own ideas)
If dough is too wet, add oats, if too dry, add honey or maple syrup. Refrigerate for 20-30 minutes and then roll into balls. Keep in an airtight container:
Like it? Share it!