- Move. It can do wonders to boost your mood, clear your head and keep your heart pumping. Continue with physical activity. A 10-20 minute walk is helpful.
- Vegetables. Make a commitment to eat some colorful vegetables every day
- Gratefulness. Be grateful for what you do have. We can’t all have everything, but we all have something to be grateful for.
- Give. Studies show that we are happier when we give rather than when we receive.
- Love. Tell someone you love them every day.
- Embrace. Touch lowers blood pressure, shows someone you care.
- Meditate. Clearing your mind of all your daily “stuff” helps improve mood, let’s go of inconsequential worries.
- Call. Make connections with old friends and relatives.
- Forgive. Let go of anger and resentment, it does more to hurt you than others.
- Celebrate. Rejoice in the season, in your loved ones, in all your blessings.
- Cook. Not only are homemade meals more nutritious as you control the ingredients, but they provide a sense of accomplishment. Share your home cooking with those you love.
- Laugh. Nothing lowers blood pressure, breaks the ice, or provides a sense of merriment and delight as a good belly laugh. Try one today!
Happy Holidays from Shining Mountain Health & Wellness
Like it? Share it!