The Southern Ute Indian Tribe is offering two vaccination events to individuals interested in receiving a COVID-19 vaccine (only first doses of the vaccine will be administered at both events). Vaccines are available on a first come, first serve basis. Individuals are required to register for a Vaccination Event
using this link: SUHC SIGN UP HERE.
Individuals who do not have access to the internet may call the Southern Ute Indian Tribe COVID-19 Call Center at (970) 563.0214 to complete vaccine registration and to schedule an appointment for the vaccination event. Testing takes place from 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. this Wednesday and Thursday, Feb. 10 and Feb 11. The vaccination site is the Sky Ute Casino Resort in Ignacio, Colo.
Who is eligible?
The Tribe has received vaccines from Indian health Services (IHS) and Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE). Eligibility varies by the source of the vaccine. Below is an explanation of who is eligible to receive a vaccine from either IHS and/or CDPHE. Any individual eligible for either vaccine may attend either vaccination event on either February 10 or February 11, 2021.
IHS Vaccine Eligibility:
- Enrolled Southern Ute tribal members and members of their immediate household
- IHS-eligible beneficiaries who reside in SUHC Service Area and members of their immediate household
- Tribal employees and insured dependents
CDPHE Vaccine Eligibility:
- Residents of Southeast La Plata County ages 65 and older
- Educators from the Ignacio School District (scheduling of afternoon appointments will prioritize educators)
Individuals who wish to receive their first vaccine must also attend the second vaccination event to receive the second dose which must be administered four weeks after first dose.
Like it? Share it!