Roasted turkey, a staple on most Thanksgiving dinner tables. Whether using fresh or dried herbs, the flavors sear into the turkey and adds a special taste to your gravy. A general rule is 1:3 using 1 teaspoon of dried herbs to 3 teaspoons (1T) fresh herbs.
Herbs for Roasted Turkey
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary or 3 tablespoons fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme or 3 tablespoons fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried sage or 1 tablespoon fresh sage
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Chop herbs if using fresh.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Brush a 10–12-pound turkey with olive oil or butter.
- Rub herb/spice mixture over turkey and roast as directed.
Like it? Share it!