Fri Oct 7th, 2022
Did you forget to take the chicken out of the freezer? No problem! Yes, you can make a dinner from frozen and raw with prep time under five minutes! It’s true — our instant pot is the perfect place to do it; all you do is layer and cook.
If you don’t have an instant pot, of course you can still make this delicious meal either using a slow-cooker or on the stove. The beauty, of course, is to get home and put this together in under five minutes, go do some chores or just relax and your dinner is finished in under 40 minutes.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ onion, diced
- 2 large frozen chicken breasts (about 1 lb.)
- 2 teaspoons thyme
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 4 carrots, diced
- 2 ½ cups brown rice
- 3 ½ cups water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Layer all ingredients in the order above in your instant pot and DO NOT MIX OR STIR!
- Close lid and make sure to close the vent as well.
- Turn pressure cook on high and set for 22 minutes. The instant pot will take about 15 minutes to build pressure, then it will cook for 22 minutes.
- Once finished, allow it to rest for 5 minutes and then switch to venting/quick release.
- Once the pressure is vented, open pot and remove chicken breasts.
- Shred chicken breasts with a set of forks and add back to pot.
- Mix all ingredients well and serve.
Like it? Share it!