Cauliflower Crust Pizza
- One bag (~2.5 cups) seasoned riced cauliflower found in the frozen section
- 2 eggs.
- 1 cup shredded or grated parmesan cheese.
- ¼ to ½ cup prepared pizza or tomato sauce.
- ½ to 1 cup shredded mozzarella.
- 1 cup vegetable medley of choice (sautéed or fresh onions, peppers, mushrooms, etc.)
- Optional: 4oz preferred meat toppings (pepperoni, hamburger, Canadian bacon, etc.)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Heat cauliflower in microwave 5 minutes.
- Drain any water out of cauliflower by straining and squeezing with a towel.
- Place eggs and parmesan into cauliflower and mix well to create cohesive mound.
- Spray 12” pizza pan with non-stick spray.
- Spread and pat cauliflower mixture onto pan.
- Bake cauliflower crust in heated oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove crust and top with sauce, mozzarella and toppings of choice.
- Bake another 10 minutes or until cheese is bubbly, edges brown.
Make your own riced cauliflower option:
- Cut one head of cauliflower into small sections, place in food processor and pulse into small rice-sized pieces. Place 2-2.5 cups in large bowl (store the rest 2-3 days in fridge or freeze after all liquid has been removed).
- Heat cauliflower for 5-8 minutes in microwave.
- Remove any liquid by straining and/or squeezing out with towel.
- Add½ teaspoonoregano, basil and garlic to cauliflower.
- Follow steps 4-9 above.
Ratios: ~1 cup cauliflower to 1 egg to ½ cup parmesan.
Lisa B. Smith, RDN is a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist with the Southern Ute Shining Mountain Health and Wellness.
Like it? Share it!