The Basic Ingredients
- One frozen pie shell*
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup milk (whole, 2%, 1%)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups filling: Mix and match any of the following or create your own:
- Shredded cheese (cheddar, Swiss, provolone, pepper jack, etc.)
- Chopped fresh or cooked veggies (drained, canned, or cooked then drained frozen can be used.)
- Chopped or ground cooked meat of any type (beef, pork, ham, chicken, shrimp, sausage, etc.)
- Place frozen pie shell on a cookie sheet.
- Place filling in frozen pie shell.
- Beat eggs, milk, salt and pepper.
- Pour egg mixture over filling.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes or until done (barely wobbly and golden.)
- Allow to cool 15 minutes before cutting and serving.
- Cover crust edges with foil to prevent burning. Quiches may be frozen. Served with a side of soup, salad or potatoes to make a great meal.
- Try these combinations or make up your own!
- Broccoli and cheddar
- Spinach, mushrooms and onion
- Bacon, onion and Swiss
- Ham and provolone
- Green chili and cheddar
- Green and red peppers, sausage and Monterey Jack
*To make this low carb, follow the above recipe and bake without a crust by placing in a 9” pie plate (or 8×8 baking dish) sprayed with cooking oil. Bake at 350 for 35-45 minutes.
Nutrition facts for a veggie and cheese quiche serving for 4:
227 calories, 14g fat, 477mg sodium, 10g Carbohydrates, 17g protein
Like it? Share it!