My name is Autumn Rain Sage, my given Ute name is Pachukwi (River Otter). I’m 15 years old and I attend Ignacio High School. My paternal grandparents are Roger Sage (Christine Sage) and the late Vera Mae Cuthair. My maternal grandparents are Irene Burch and the late Leonard C. Burch. My parents are Roger Sage, Jr. and Lynnette Sage and I have a brother.
I’m the 2019-2020 Jr. Miss Southern Ute. This will be my third year representing the Southern Ute Indian Tribe as an ambassador. It’s been an honor and privilege to represent the Southern Ute membership and I’m very happy to be part of the Royalty court. I would like to give the membership an update on all my participation in events and travels that I have attended. I thank the Royalty Committee and the Southern Ute Indian Tribe for giving me this opportunity.
- I was crowned Jr. Miss Southern Ute at the 99th Southern Ute Tribal fair and powwow.
- I participated in the fair parade and all the Grand Entries and Inter-Tribals.
- I attended the Four Corners Indian Country Conference at the Sky Ute Casino Events Center.
- The newly crowned Southern Ute Royalty was invited by the Tribal Council to do an introduction at the Southern Ute Tribal Council Chambers in the LCB Tribal Building.
- I participated in the Southern Ute Royalty’s Thanksgiving walk beginning at the Southern Ute Veterans Park.
- I attended the annual Southern Ute Tribal Thanksgiving dinner held at the Sky Ute Casino Events Center.
- I participated in the Native American Heritage powwow held at the Durango High School. This powwow honored all veterans and graduating seniors.
- I welcomed all participants and visitors to the American Youth Bull Riding series held at Sky Ute Fairgrounds.
- I attended the Native American History Month recognition reception at the Governor’s Mansion in Denver. The reception was hosted by Colorado Governor Polis and Lieutenant Governor Primavera
- I participated in the annual light parade for Ignacio’s Taste of Christmas.
- I attended the annual Southern Ute Tribal Christmas dinner and Tribal Christmas program. Southern Ute Royalty performed the Lord’s Prayer in Sign Language at the Christmas program.
I have had some great experiences this far into my reign. I have met some great people and important dignitaries. I promise to do my best as Jr. Miss Southern Ute and vow to uphold my crown and title. I look forward to 2020 and all the cultural and traditional events to come.
Jr. Miss Southern Ute
Like it? Share it!