Nu Nay Lorraine Wing Watts,
I am 2017-2018 Miss Southern Ute. Nuu Nay Nuu Unee is Goo-aww-avee-get (The Dust Maker). My Nuche name was given to me by my grandfather Thomas Wing and my Great Grandfather John Wing Sr. Nuu Nay Muu One Marshall Watts, NuuNay Bea Yon Corita Wing. My paternal grandparents are the late Rose Watts and Ed Watts. My maternal grandparents are Dorothy Wing and Thomas Wing. I have four sisters April Watts, Rena Watts, Meagan Watts, Mouneek Wing and one brother Ouray Watts.
During my reign, I have attended:
- I was crowned the new Miss Southern Ute 2017-2018 and attended the Southern Ute Fair and Powwow
- Participated in the So. Ute Fair parade.
- Participated in the Durango Cowboy Poetry Gathering parade.
- I and my fellow Royalty attended the opening ceremony for the Youth Bull Riding Finals at the Sky Ute Downs
- Attended the So. Ute Royalty Thanksgiving Walk which we sponsored
- Attended the Annual Thanksgiving Dinner at the Casino Events Center where Royalty greeted and welcomed all tribal members, families and guests.
- I attended the Ft. Duchesne Northern Ute Thanksgiving Powwow in Ft. Duchesne Utah.
- Attended the End of Term Reception for Councilwoman Amy Barry and Chairman Clement Frost
- Attended the Inauguration for the newly elected Tribal Council members Cheryl Frost, Cedric Chavez and Chairman Christine Sage.
- I and my fellow Royalties participated in the annual Snow Down parade in Durango, Colo.
- Attended the So. Ute Museums new exhibit, “Riders of the West” and welcomed all visitors.
- Royalty sponsored the Ute Storytelling events at the So. Ute Museum.
- Attended the Ring of Champions boxing event/ Fighting for Change to Stop Bullying at the Sky Ute Casino.
I am looking forward to upcoming events and meeting new people to represent my Nuche people and family.
Lorraine W. Watts
Miss Southern Ute 2017-2018
Like it? Share it!